I recently found all (just five) of my Thingiverse designs posted to on Cults3D. If you are a designer I encourage you to check the site for unauthorized postings of your designs. They have even recreated Thingiverse usernames and Thingiverse stats. I have been working with Cults3D to have my models removed but they continue to throw up roadblocks, making it very difficult.
If you find your models over on their site, send them a polite email asking them to remove your models.
Well the 3DCults team was not reading the entire email. So that required another email explaining the previous email. Then they did the same thing with the next email. It was as if they wanted to prolong the process so I might give up and they could keep my models on their website.
Thankfully the issue has been resolved and my models have been removed from their website.
I hope others will take the time to see if their models and files are on the 3DCult website and take action if desired.
The only thing I found was a pretty cool remix of one of my designs, which I released explicitly for the purpose of remixing (an ergonomic handle). The creator gave me attribution too. That’s how Cults3D should work, giving credit where credit is due.
There’s an item over there that’s it pretty obvious the “designer” borrowed from me without attribution. It only has 6 downloads at $8.70 so far, so it is not like they are making any real money. Granted my design would be pretty standard to come up with, but a particular item in it is not which is why I know they used my design. I’m not really irritated by that, I upload my stuff to be used in the hopes someone out there will benefit. Attribution would have been nice though.