Custom Design - Need Help

Hi all,

I have a design I really want to print, but I have absolutely no experience in the drawing part.

Is there anyone who would be interested/willing to help?

you could get a 3D scanner but those are expensive and hard to figure out

You need to either be able to model the bird in some way or find a bird that is already available somewhere. It wouldn’t be that difficult to model the branch and paddle part. You then combine the two models.

Organic designs are hard to create in CAD programs so maybe someone with experience creating figurines etc. could help. Often scanners are used to at least create the basic structure which can then be tweaked but if you are interested in this type of design I would suggest you do some research into how those that make the 3D models of figures and other organic models accomplish it.

Fushion360 has some mesh tools that you could play with but handling the amount of detail in this type of model, such as the feathers, is not an easy task to do manually.

Try googling for “raven on perch 3d model” (also try “branch” instead of “perch”) and you’ll find that there are models out there. I did not find this exact model but I did find a couple that are similar - and they are intended for the same purpose: as decor for books in a bookcase.

If you want to get into sculpting figures and natural objects like this, look into Blender. But brace yourself for a learning curve! There are lots of tutorials on YouTube on how to use Blender.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Thank you for all the advice. I found the design on Cults 3D.