Sorry for the delay in replying, I’ve just realised that my original response hadn’t sent as it had two photos. They are 86-54 mm.
86 wide and 54 high? How much white space around the edge? 5mm or so?
The top of the card has to stick up above the back so it can be removed so is there more white space at the top or will we need to make an ID card holder that will slide into the case?
Would you like me to create a Thing so you can access the files and maybe do a test print? I’m not that happy with the ID badge part but you can let me know what needs to be changed after you print one to see it will actually work the way you want.
I have published the Thing. You can find it here
Test print it and see if it will work. I am thinking that a slide in ID holder would be better then just inserting the ID directly?
When you have a printed prototype let me know if you think an ID holder is necessary and I can make the changes.
Also let me know if you notice other errors or problems with the design and STLs.
That is amazing, thank you. I will forward it to my colleague and friend to print. Many many thanks.
Thank you @ksihota it works in the physical sense and also as the intended tool. Amazing.
I’m curious as to whether the back fits and functions properly as an ID holder and if the sliders work with the added ridges.
The badge part seems to work very well when just held together. I can’t post the picture as it has a lot of personal detail on it. I am yet to get the screws I need for final assembly but there was enough resistance between the body and the slider for it to function with a couple of students
Hola, amplia la solución que ofrece , esto se lleva en el bolso ? Quien lo usara y como ?
It would be used by a trauma therapist to have a client (generally a younger person) to identify their current emotional state using sliders as indicators. The sliders match the information provided in the colourful graphic provided in the thread.
The OP would need to provide more accurate information. I have just given my understanding of its use.
The therapist wears it on a lanyard that holds their ID badge on the opposite side of the slider.
Depending on who is using it, the slider could be used for other indicators as the tool’s use would be introduced and explained to the client by the therapist.
It’s designed to be used in conjunction with the work of Jak Panksepp and follow up studies. My training is with Trauma Informed Schools but most contemporary Therapeutic work has an element of the Primary Affect Emotional systems theory.
The physical design looks like a good direction, especially since the tool is meant to support an existing therapeutic approach rather than replace the therapist. For something like this, repeatability and accurate record keeping seem as important as the physical shape. You need to know what was presented, when, and how the person responded each time.
That same idea shows up in something as unrelated as attendance tracking. A system such as the saveetha attendance calculator still depends on consistent records before the percentage means anything. For this project, keeping the session data simple and consistent would probably make the tool much easier to evaluate over time.
If I understand the use of this tool as it was intended, I believe that this is a tool for a therapist to help a child express their feelings in a tactile manner. The actual record keeping is done by the therapist. It would be similar to using emoticons to replace words for young children. In this case there is a tactile attribute along with the corresponding images to help those having trouble expressing their emotions.

