Lost STL's but can only find picture of item online

Several years ago a designer posted an EDF/ VTOL Drone on Thingiverse. I downloaded the entire set of STL’s to build the drone but never had the motors that would work for it till now.

the original creater “A3 EDF drone by Nick Lindenmuth” it was very well presented but I have never been able to build it till now. so how do i fine it again and or can the original creator repost it cause it was freaking awesome

Did you try contacting them directly?

https://www.thingiverse.com/nicklindenmuth/designs

thank you Didn’t know the platform had that

That sounds like a great project! Try searching Thingiverse for “A3 EDF Drone by Nick Lindenmuth.” Hopefully, someone still has the files.

attempted to connect with original engineer but no luck soo if any one has these stl files please repost them

I tried the internet archive with no real luck. Reverse image search only pulls up a 7yr old reddit thread. Where he says he designed it in Inventor. He only has three models on grabcad and this isn’t one of them. It doesn’t look like it worked when he posted it originally.

I’ve even tried contacting him with no luck plus the free flight forum would love to see a working model

Guess its time to sharpen that pencil and start reverse engineering.

Would that be considered a Thing, a Remix or a Make? :thinking:

2 Likes

I wanted to hire an IP lawyer to figure that out, but I spent my last $250 on a Thingiverse Gold Plated Platinum MVP Hall of Fame OnlyFans subscription.

2 Likes

There are 3D printing channels where for 20 bucks you can become a member and get a painted miniature and your name on a wall of fame.

For 250 I feel like I should at least be getting my face carved into mount rushmore.