Some suggestions for posting model improvements

Here are some things worth considering:

The easy one - Allow multiple filament selections. I can currently select either PLA or TPU. When in reality the model requires both.

The complex one - Allow a way to copy one of my other models into a new one. Or make a template I can reuse over an over.

The odd one - If I create a new text block section, give it a name and text but do not create a the optional title, the page leaves an awkward white space in the text display where the title would go. Perhaps just ignore it and print nothing?

I like the template idea. It could be set up to enter basic information from your profile? Saves having to keep entering it when things have not changed. If things do change you could change the info in your profile or on a one off just alter the info for the particular Thing.

Your last Idea would probably work for me. In the summary section I add Updates after the Main main Summary. I want it to be read first so I place it above the actual Summary data. I therefore create my own headings within the Summary section and then under Updates I add the date as a new heading.

1 Like

I would like to see an additional option.

It would be nice to be able to set a “Published Thing” as inactive or back to “Draft” mode. There have been times when I have published something only to discover a problem I would like to fix. If I can’t do it right away my choices appear to be

  1. leave it available even though there is a problem with it
  2. delete the uploaded files you don’t want to leave available.
  3. delete the Thing completely

Being able to hide it would be my preference. Am I missing this option somehow?

2 Likes

A revision system where you could move obsolete files too might be useful.

I could see that being useful so you could still keep STLs that might be useful to someone but are not current. They wouldn’t be cluttering up the listing of current files that way. I’ve seen some Things that have so many files that you are not sure which version is the one should select.

And while we are on this topic it would also be nice to be able to rename the files once they have already been uploaded. I always forget to change a name so I have to delete and re upload.

2 Likes

Renaming is definitely a good thing. I am always changing my structures.

And here is one more because I dislike this with a passion.

A few years ago, Thingiverse would let me sort my photos quickly… The current format sucks.

Can we please, for the love of all things holy, have a separate list for example photos and STL photos? I have dozens of parts and if I want to add a photo, I have to scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll to put it at the top… And that’s assuming it doesn’t glitch out and screw up the order. Which it often does. The old way was SOOOO much easier… All the thumbnails were right next to each other in a small grid and I could put them in the exact order I want quickly. The current way is just a huge downgrade in every sense of the word.

I am having this exact issue right now… and it is making my blood boil. It’s glitched on me twice… When a year ago, this would have taken 10 seconds. And with the added bonus of updates I make not taking affect, this is just not good.

I’ll settle for a “Push to Top” if nothing else can be done.